Saturday, April 3, 2010

More Than We Bargained For

Ooh Thrift store finds!

I spontaneously turned into a Goodwill just to peruse... Came out with some cheap nifty stuff!

I spent $12.24 and got two board games, 5 bed linens (to cut up and make aprons with!), a little wall hanging, a small jewelry box, and an address book!
I've been wanting an actual written-by-hand address book for awhile, and when I saw this adorable fabric-covered one, I knew it was perfect! There's only a few entries already written in, so no biggie.
I like this little wooden box...it'd be nice to keep jewelry or knick knacks. The lid is loose, but I can figure out a way to fix it I bet... I got it with someone in mind for a gift, but I'll add a few of my own touches.
Totally cute! The pictures kind of suck...it's a lovely light blue, not gray! The tea pot and flowers, adorable. I'd been wanting to hang these hearts up since I got them from a giveaway... Perfecto!
Um -- way cool! There was tons of board games, even recent ones like Scattergories and Cranium and a ton of Trivial Pursuits (it was hard to pick one).. and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the Carmen Sandiego game!!! My brother and I had that when we were kids, so I'm going to surprise him with it!! He's going to be like "WHAA!? No way!" I can't wait to play with him!
I found all of these in housewares... The pink is a bed skirt, the two in the middle are pillow cases, and the two on ends I'm not exactly sure what they were but I thought all of these would make great aprons!! I'm going to de/re-construct these and sew on coordinating straps to tie them and maybe pockets, and hopefully sell them!?

Do any of you go thrifting much? Find any awesome scores?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh fuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!
the hearts look cute hanging from there.
miss yaaaaaa.

Rose said...

Its always fun going to thrift stores isnt it. Even if i dont find anything I love to browse, oh and car boot sales are great too.
It looks like you got some fun finds, especially those board games. I remember playing carmen sandiego on the computer at primary school :)

Rose

Suyinsays said...

awww cute! <3 <3 <3
xxxxxxxxxx

www.suyinsays-suyinloves.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

love thrift store shopping ugh i need to go again asap! haha

Rose said...

Hey Laura

The birdy dress is from Valleygirl and was $20. The one I bought was a size M and they only had smalls left at Marion, so im not sure what size or where your bf's sister lives but she mite want to try somewhere besides Marion for any size besides a S :)
The other dress is from Target!

The cupcakes were deff yummo :) all that raspberry goodness! I just bought the can of passionfruit from Woolworths in the canned fruit section.

We could do a meet up when your here! Ive never done a blogger meet up before but sounds good to me :)

Hope you and your aussie bf had a lovely easter weekend. I love it how you call him your aussie hehe

Rose

I V Y said...

beautiful! these are so pretty!